Have you been to an Ostrich Race? Just head on down to Tumbleweed Park in Chandler Az, for the Annual Ostrich Festival and you will get your chance.
- Where is Ostrich Festival? 2250 S. McQueen Rd. just south of the Loop 202 San Tan freeway at McQueen
- When is Ostrich Festival? March 8th thru March 10th/li>
- How much is Ostrich Festival? Adults $10, Seniors $7 (60 years of age or older), Youth $7 (5-12 years of age), Children Free (4 and under), Ride Wristbands: $25 All Day Carnival Passes at the gate.
- What about The Ostrich Festival Parade and Ostrich Festival Fun Run? Saturday, March 2nd, 2013. Fun Run registration starts at 6:30am and the run starts at 8am with the parade to follow at 10am – both events will be taking place in Downtown Chandler.
The Quick Information about Ostrich Festival
I’ve long wanted to see the Ostrich Race and they are fast! The Ostrich Festival is a great family fun event in Chandler!
The Ostrich Festival in Chandler Az does a great job at getting rides for the kids. It costs $25 for an all day pass but the kids will love all the rides. As if the rides are not enough you can see magic shows, Carnival games, lots and lots of food, and music. For a full schedule of events see the Ostrich Festival’s site.
There was so much to take in at the Ostrich Festival, it was pretty impressive how large and spread out is was and we loved the petting zoo, food vendors and carnival area.
So you may ask what will I find at the Ostrich Festival? Well. ostrich races, carnival rides, live entertainment, exotic petting zoo, dogs jumping off a dock into water, camel and pony rides, a Kids zone, arts & crafts vendors. The Ostrich Festival was created in Arizona in 1989. Plan your days at the Ostrich Festival around the music schedule. All concerts and performances are included in the admission charge.
The Doggies of the Wild West Show was probably my favorite part of the day
Some things to remember to bring to Ostrich Festival
- Sunblock, hats and maybe some baby wipes because it can get pretty dusty.
- Concerts are lawn seating. Chairs and blankets encouraged.
- An ostrich will live to be 50-75 years old.
- Advance tickets are cheaper than buying them at the gate.
- The ostrich can run at speeds of up to 40 mph for sustained times.
- Ostrich burgers are available for those who want to do more than look at the birds.
- A male ostrich is called a “rooster”, a female is called a “hen”.
- The ostrich is the largest living bird in the world.
- Adult males are 8 to 10 feet tall and weigh 350-400 pounds.