Lost Dutchman Marathon will be held on Sunday, February 17th, 2013.
- Marathon starts at 7:00am
- Half Marathon starts at 7:15am
- The 10k starts at 8:00am
- The 8k starts at 7:45am
The Lost Dutchman Marathon is a scenic run near the base of the Superstition Mountains in Phoenix’s East valley. The run starts in Gold Canyon near the Peralta Trail-head. The Half marathon starts Prospect Park and turns around at the Marathon mile mark 19-20. The 10k starts at prospect park and turns around on Goldfield rd and all three take routes with beautiful view of the mountains and end in Prospect Park in Mesa, Az. Rides from the rodeo grounds back to the starting line are provided. Buses to the starting line will begin loading at The Rodeo Grounds at 4:30 a.m. The last bus to the start will leave the Rodeo Grounds at 5:45 a.m. SHARP. Arrive no later than 5:30 to catch your bus. Park at the rodeo grounds for the participants and at Prospect Park for spectators.
We love coming to the desert on Presidents day for the Lost Dutchman Marathon. The run is in a great location next to the mountains and its a wonderful way to get a break from winter.
Things to remember for the Lost Dutchman Marathon
- Weather – winter in the desert can be warm and sunny during the day and cold at night and early in the morning. Some times it can even rain. If your traveling to Arizona for the marathon make sure you bring clothes for running in a wide temperature range.
- Keeping the event small – The Lost Dutchman Marathon is limited to 600 participants, and the Half Marathon is limited to 1300 runners. Maximum registration for the 10K is 800 and 700 for the 8K Trail Run.
- A great way to spend President’s Day – The Lost Dutchman Marathon is conducted over the President’s Day weekend to allow extra time for those of you who need to travel.
- The Lost Dutchman Marathon minimum age is 14 and maximum time for all entrants is 6 1/2 hours – strictly enforced
The Lost Dutchman Marathon is set in an extremely pretty, high desert setting to start. I haven’t experienced that habitat before, so it was really cool.
The Lost Dutchman Marathon is USATF certified courses (AZ10016TLB) that can be used as a qualifier for the Boston Marathon. The half marathon is also a USATF certified courses. The 10k is not a certified course.