Gilbert Arizona is in the southeast part of the Phoenix Metropolitan area.
Things to Do in Gilbert Az
Once you know Where is Gilbert Az, you might want to know some things you can do in Gilbert Az.
- Places to Eat – Gilbert has plenty of restaurants for you to choose from
- Bars & Pubs – Go out for a drink with your friends.
- Things to Do – like Golfing, Hiking, Events and fun stuff to do with kids.
Gilbert has been know as a bedroom community and suburb of Phoenix. Know for its nice neighborhoods most of which have associations to keep the houses and open areas nice. The town of Gilbert was very proactive in planning the growth of Gilbert and as a result the streets are wide and well landscaped, neighborhoods with greenbelts and commercial building are mostly at the big intersections. 30 years ago when Gilbert was a small town even people in Phoenix had to think about it when asked where is Gilbert Az but as Gilbert has grown that has changed.
“We love Gilbert’s wide streets, easy freeway access to the rest of the valley and wide variety of things to do. Gilbert has neighborhoods that are well planned out, lots of families and friends for our kids to play with at the park”.
Many people have asked themselves “Where is Gilbert Az?” because over the past couple of decades Gilbert was one of the fastest growing cities in the United States. Over the past 30 years Gilbert transformed from a rural farming of community of 5k people in 1980 to more than 200k in 2010. Gilbert offers great open spaces lots of room for biking, running, horse back riding, walking and of course plenty of golf.
- Real Estate – Great housing and great prices are two reasons many people start a journey of moving to Gilbert by asking “Where is Gilbert Az?“. There are plenty of Real Estate Agents waiting to help you find a great place to live.
- Warm Winters – Not all who wonder move to Gilbert, but many come for the great winter weather. Not very many people like 110 degree days of summer but from November to April its no secret that Gilbert and all the rest of the Valley of the Sun is a great place to be. Mild winter tempuratures and arrid climate make for fun in the sun for those who can get away from the cold of the north. Hiking, swimming, golf and more are all on the list for those who visit for the winter. If your a snowbird looking for a place to land for the winter, asking “Where is Gilbert Az?” is the right question!
- Golfing – If you have been looking at golfing in the Phoenix area, and you have never been to the area you might wonder where is Gilbert Az. If you hare looking to catch a couple of rounds of golf on a budget then summer is the time to visit. Book early tee times and drink lots of water. If you are less worried about the cost and more about when you are visiting during the winter you will find plenty of great courses around Gilbert and the eastvalley.
“We first came to visit family living in Gilbert, and loved how all the neighborhoods were planned and setup. Everything in the city seems new and planned around raising a family. Swimming pools are everywhere and we love the urban trails on the canals in Gilbert.”
Where is Gilbert Az?
In the early half of the 1900’s Gilbert was known as “The Hay Capital of the World”, miles of alfalfa fields supported by irrigation canals made this possible. Gilbert remained a small agricultural community until things started to change in the 70’s and 80’s. The Gilbert Town Council started planning and annexing county land and making changed how the planning and zoning dealt with housing developers. Long before the Superstition freeway went past Gilbert road the leaders in the Town of Gilbert were planning for people to start asking where is Gilbert Az? This proved to be a farsighted decision as Gilbert positioned itself for growth in the 1980s and beyond. Now that Gilbert has grown so much far fewer people wonder where is Gilbert Az, but rather call it home.